Sunday, January 25, 2004

Simple Pleasures

There are sometimes when you are doing shit jobs that you take pleasure in simple things. Take, for example, my doing sheep-surgery related activities. I really don't like drawing blood, pushing drugs and euthanasia, or doing other things during surgery. All of my activities are made harder by the simple fact that my gloves are always too big unless I wear fitted gloves which I think feel funny. Not anymore. I was delighted today when I learned we had smaller, thinner gloves which make my tasks worlds easier. I was in a good mood because they were SO much easier. Also, I got to use a 5cc syringe for the euthanasia which I also like better than a 10cc syringe. It fits better in my hand, is just the right size for a lethal dose, and isn't as clumsy or tough when I push the thick, happy pink colored poison into the animals veins. It's the simple things in life that really give you pleasure.

No comments: