Sunday, January 18, 2004

A Night in Review

As some of you may or may not know, I have friends in the military here. Pretty much everybody out here is getting sent to Iraq on Monday, so this weekend has been just having a great time. Thursday we all went and saw Big Fish. Last night Army guys Cecil B., Russell Crowe, and J plus me, Roomie, and NS from down the hall went to the beach in hopes of finding some Marine's party. Well, he never showed so we found the biggest bonfire we could and joined that party. We weren't there for 10 minutes before beach patrol showed up and said, "put out this fire and clear out. In 5 minutes everybody is going to get arrested for having alcohol." We aren't stupid. We threw some sand on the fire, grabbed our McDonald's, our beer, and left before the police got REALLY angry. We started and walked down the beach until we found a good spot close to the road, but hidden from sight. I told them if the cops came, I'd use the southern girl routine to get us out of it to get out of it.
You have to understand something, when NS gets some alcohol in her, she likes to get naked. She likes everybody else to get naked, too. We were all standing around and then BAM! She's taking people's shirts off. Me and Roomie's shirts, too. This is not even that weird, though. It's Hawaii, we looked like we were in bathing suits.
What was weird was when one of the guys thought it would be a good idea to cut open a chemical glow stick and paint ourselves up like some sort of wild beach tribe. A wild beach tribe that pisses behind bushes. I just kept praying no body drove by and caught me with my pants down to see a big glowing mass pissing in the sand.
The best part about it was that we all of a sudden decided we needed it off of us, now. We got in the waves and stared to wash it off (it came off easily). It was, however, the precursor to a sequence of several stupid things I did last night. In order:

1. A car came by. Forgetting where I was (in the middle of the ocean), I ducked so then wouldn't see me.

2. Tackled one of the (the hottest of course) guys because we were battling over a glow stick and he pinned me on my back, thereby getting sand all down my back, in my ass crack, in my hair, in my ears, etc.

3. Dove in the sand, thereby getting sand over my front in the same manner as the back side.

4. Drank a beer we had kept cold by sticking part way in the sand. I drank sand. Beer is better when you can crunch it.

5. Yelled at one guy for getting on my bed with sand on him (he was getting sand on my sheets), and then sat on my bed while I was covered in sand.

It was great though. It was the best night I've had here since I got here in August. Yee Haw! Beer on the beach, nothing better.

No comments: