Sunday, January 11, 2004

Another Plane Ride!!

Ok, just so we are all clear on one thing, I have to take 3 planes each time I travel anywhere so Northwest Airlines can give me the lowest rate possible, making my travel experiences more convenient, affordable, and pleasant. The first two flights coming home were about as dull a vanilla pudding. It was wonderful. I had rows to myself so I streached out and slept for 2 hours (in hour increments). I love the Sola juice bar in the Minneapolis/ St. Paul airport (by gate F3). Somehow drinking a fruit smoothie with ginseng powder and a shot of wheatgrass makes my flying experience just that much better.

The flight from Minneapolis to Honolulu was a different story. This is a 8 1/2 hour plane ride for starters and I thought I was increasing my good karma by switching seats with a man so he could sit next to his wife. By doing so, I gave up my nice, chushy window seat for an isle seat. I also landed myself next to a man and his daughter who smelled like poo. Not only did I get a whiff of poo every time they moved, but this average sized man decided it was ok to angle himself halfway into my seat. The last straw of any feelings of niceness I had for him was gone when he woke me to get out when the people on the other side of him were awake (the seating on the airplane is 2-5-2 and we were in the middle section). I almost punched him.

Towards the end of this flight, an elderly gentleman in a wheelchair pooed his pants so the last 2 hours were especially poo smelling. Add this to the 50 + 50+ Minnesotans going to an Agriculture convention drinking the plane out of beer and talking loudly, and it is safe to say I was not a happy camper when I got off the airplane. There were two good points and one more bad point. There is a great flight attendant who always seems to make his way onto my Hawaii flights, and my cab driver was very nice. The dumb Backstreet boy RA was at the desk whenever I checked in.

No comments: