Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Oldness

I was on the bus the other day, gently listening in on this girls conversation when I felt very old. First of all she said she was born in 1990 and the guy she was scheming on was born in 1989. Second of all she said he would be turning sixteen soon, and she would like to get with him but it would be illegal for him. Her friend said it wouldn't be the first time they did somethign illegal. On top of all that, if she hadn't said her age, I would have pegged her at 17 easily (makeup, tight crop top, and very low hip huggers). I felt old because a. She was born in 1990 and is a teenager. b. She was born in 1990 and is talking about having sex. c. I was secretly chastising this 14 year old for wearing such slutty clothes to school and talking about having sex and other such illegal things. Maybe there is something in the water out here that makes everybody act like they are on their way to teenage motherhood.

No comments: