Wednesday, September 15, 2004

The Hawaiian Job

I got a TB skin test yesterday. Why you might ask? Because I am now gainfully employed in the state of Hawaii. Ok, so I haven't been processed yet because they haven't done final call backs yet. I know I have the job because the lady said, "I like you and we will definitely be giving you a call back. If you don't have a Hawaii TB test you need to get it." I think that means I got the job. The job is serving at this place called Hiroshi's. It's a fusion (Eurasian cuisine) restaurant that is opening up November 1. It's right next to Ruth's Chris in downtown Honolulu. I get paid $6.13 an hour +tips (minimum for servers in Hawaii), and after 30 days I have the option for medical and dental. The only thing I think I will have difficulty on is alcohol because I have never served it before. If anybody knows any tips about cocktails and polite ways of cutting off drunk people, I'm all ears.

No comments: