Monday, February 09, 2004

But He Was Republican

So this past weekend was interesting. Thoroughly depressed because I found out I am not doing so hot with this 20 credit hour schedule, I ate half a pepperoni, pineapple, and mushroom pizza and half a carton of Godiva Raspberry Chocolate Truffle ice cream. After the emotional breakdown, food, and a Mark Whalberg E! True Hollywood Story I felt revitalized.

I went with Roomie, Nicole, and the only two non-bitchy girls from the other side of the hallway to a hotel room on the 30th floor with an excellent view of ocean and city. From 21:30 - 0:00 it was just the girls, a bag of Jack-In-The-Box, and 1 Marine who liked Southpark. Finally, more people showed up.

There was Tennessee who was from Nashville and kept calling me Tennessee. I told him I thought Nashville was full of cowboy country singer wannabes and that I am disgusted that it is part of Tennessee. He shut up.

There was Jamaica. I know this guy from my uneventful night at this wretched Japanese dance club. We sat and talked about how badly Japanese people dance.

There was Southpark who had been with us since 21:30.

Angry Guy just sat in the corner.

The one who was all up on my jock was Val Kilmer. He acted like Val Kilmer did in that movie where he was blind. Ok, just that fact that he wore his sunglasses at night was the only thing like that, but whatever.

He apparently took a shining to me and talked to Roomie (who was intoxicated) to get her to see if I liked him. He seemed alright, but full of himself. Everybody was so intent on getting us together that they all left for Denny's and left the two of us alone.

First we talked. This guy was SO full of himself it was making me ill. Finally I try to find out why. He's a punk ass Republican. No no, his dad is and he goes along with what his dad says. All he said was, "My dad says..." and "I talked to my dad..." There was ABSOLUTELY ZERO original thought. His dad makes upward of $500,000 a year and he was complaining that he paid too many taxes and didn't get to keep enough of his money.

Oh, cry me a river, I am SO sympathetic. Try telling that to a woman who makes $2.13 an hour plus tips to give her two children the best possible life. I really care that you only get to keep $300,000. Really, I do.

As if this weren't enough, after I told him I had a boyfriend and wasn't interested, he still tried to get all up on my junk. I turned on the TV and moved away from him. He then proceeded to turn out the lights and move over to me. Could he not take a hint?

Finally, Nicole and Jamaica came back. She pointed out the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. I was FURIOUS!!!

Finally, sleepy time came. I fell asleep on the bed and so did Roomie. When I woke up, Val Kilmer was in the bed all sprawled out, kicking me off and Roomie was outside on the balcony. I got up, got some towels and fell asleep in front of the bathroom. About 30 minutes later, Roomie came and asked if I would like to catch the trolley back with her. I said yes please.

We waited an hour and a half for the trolley, gave up, and started walking. We stopped at Jamba juice and got breakfast, and arrived at the dorms an hour later. I did laundry, homework, and watched a lot of TV. Sunday, when Roomie and I came back from dinner, all the Marines were taking showers in my hall bathroom with some girls from my hall while the power in the bathroom was still out (it had been out since Thursday). They looked at us like we were out of place so I came up with the meanest look I could muster and flashed it at them.

I am very picky about the guys I welcome in my bathroom. I am only comfortable with 4 and 3 of them are in Iraq. That leaves the guy who came with us to eat on my birthday because he is over here all the time and is just one of those guys. These annoying people were not welcome and I made it my point to make them feel that way.

I miss my Army guys.

No comments: