Sunday, September 21, 2003

The Purple Dancing Monkey

The Roomie and I went out last night to see a movie at the Kahala Theater instead of going to that club. We saw "Cold Creek Manor" and all it did was kill brain cells. I knocked over our $2 box of junior mints and kept stepping in the mildly sticky candy the entire time in the movie. Only when we got outside did I notice a tricky chocolatey mint candy had fallen in my seat and was now on my pants. Kind of like the nachos when we saw "Finding Nemo". I should stop going to pee in the middle of movies. When we were walking out of the mall the movie theater is in, we saw the purple hanging monkey in KB Toystore clapping its feet and gyrating while making monkey noises. It was surreal to see this dancing purple monkey in the middle of a store that was closed in a deserted mall.
The cab rides were kind of interesting The cab driver on the way there didn't speak any spoken language on account of what sounded like a lack of teeth, but i got the part where he called me a redneck, and then laughed about it. I didn't like him after that. The cab driver on the way back spoke English well, talked to us about his adventures in college, and how life is circular like salmon, trying to make it upstream and when you get there all you do is spawn. Hmmmmmm......makes you think, doesn't it?

No comments: