Thursday, April 15, 2004

Voices From the Desert

Late last night, after Roomie and I had retired for the day, a frantic Nicole ran in the room.

"Do you guys want to talk to Ryan? He's on the phone!"

Ryan has been in Iraq since January. Roomie mad a mad dash and landed on my bed as I took the phone. I didn't talk to him for very long because I had just woken up and the connection was bad. I didn't want Roomie to miss a chance to talk to him. I'm not sure the rates from Iraq to Hawaii. Talking longer, we find everybody is ok for the time being and all my boys over there are very happy that I am staying in Hawaii (still sad Roomie is leaving).

We also find out a shit storm has broken out. I don't know if the media is playing it down or if it is just hits closer to home when you hear it from some one who you know well enough to know what parts of spumoni ice cream he does and doesn't like.

I just want them home. :-(

No comments: