Monday, April 26, 2004

Addiction

My new TV addiction is Fox's The Swan, a show about women with self esteem and body issues who undergo three months of intensive dieting, exercise, therapy, and plastic surgery to compete in a pageant full of other women who were also part of the program. The condos they stay in have no mirrors so they see themselves for the first time after the transformation on national television. It is pretty wild, and I don't know why I am so addicted to it. I told myself that this was sick and wrong when I saw the previews, but now it's a must see.
During tonight's episode, the newscaster came on with a little blip about the 11 o'clock news. His exact words were, "Fox's hour long commercial for plastic surgery will continue in just a moment. Tonight at 11..."
It made my day.

No comments: