Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Simple Requests

My week has been filled with them. First, I have a simple request for Palila to find out why my links are at the bottom instead of on the side.

Friday's requests:

I went to the Flogging Molly concert with Roomie. It was great. I got a little beat up during the opening band. They were ska/reggae and Hawaiians have a need to mosh to ska. After the concert, my simple request was for this one guy to please act responsibly. We had gotten into a little tiff earlier that week *his fault*, and I apologized for one rash decision I had made. He never apologized for his BIG lapse in judgment. I tried to give him a second chance and tried to be nice to him. He gladly accepted my offer to wait with him while he smoked so I could let him in the building. After that he started trying to boss me around. I told him he was an asshole, wasn't acting responsibly or maturely. He told me he was sleeping in my bed that night. I told him he wasn't because I wasn't going to be displaced from my own bed by an asshole. He got mad at me again. I reminded him that I live here, he doesn't, and he is more than welcome to leave.

Saturday:
I just wanted to sleep. And drink lots of wine. I got a rice cooker at and auction for $12. It is a 10 cup cooker w/ a veggie steamer on top. It's very lovely.

Sunday:
I wanted my homework to be done. I wanted to go to church. I wanted good service at lunch time in a nearly empty restaurant. None of these happened.

Monday:
At 8:30 in the morning, I find nothing better than drama in calculus. The guys had their leaf blowers on extra loud right outside our window. My quiet German calc. prof told the TA to tell them to stop. The blower guys laughed at him and kept right on blowing. My prof got very pissed and runs out of the room. A few second later he is ranting furiously at the blowers guys. They stopped for about 10 min.

Today:
All I want is a lock that works. If you will recall a poem I wrote in September about my key, you will understand why I am so frustrated. You see, I locked myself out today. I went to go get the spare key, and it didn't work. Neither did the other spare key. I told the RA on duty that I thought my lock was broken. He didn't believe me. He has a broken leg so he got another RA to try the master key. She called and said, "Really dude, her lock is broken." The maintaining people came and took apart the lock. The axel thingy in the door which is supposed to be straight was bent, a special plastic piece was broken, and the spring had disappeared. MAYBE that's why the DOOR was FUCKED UP LAST SEMESTER! When I figured how much I am paying for on campus housing, I found roomie and I are paying $600 a month. The apartments on campus are $1200 for a one room, and $2000 for a 2 bedroom. I can get a 1 bedroom right next to campus, utilities and cable included, for $875. HMMMM. You would think they could afford working locks on everybody's rooms.

No comments: