Thursday, October 30, 2008

Georgia B's Macintosh Tech Support Group

Oh Mac. So we remember the first expensive repair and dealings with customer service with Apple computers. We remember the faulty logic board I didn't get fixed. We remember the black X on my battery thingy. Well two nights ago Mac was working fine. JUST FINE. Yesterday morning when I go to turn Mac on I get a gray screen with a blinking folder with a "?" on it. Oh Mac. I thought it was bad when Dan at the Genius Bar (Who rivals Curtis as the best person I have talked to working for Apple) grimaced when I told him my problem. Apparently the blinking ? means the computer is not recognizing an operating system. For all you computer savvy people, you probably know what is coming. I tried starting it in safe mode. No black screen with white prompt. We tried connecting another hard drive to my computer and it worked. So it can be related to my already crappy logic board or my hard drive. I had my fingers crossed for the logic board. The $280 is less than the software, music, video, and pictures I had installed on Mac. So we hooked my hard drive to another computer. Alas, it did not show up. Although the replacing of the hard drive was free, all my data was lost. I do have some backed up on an external hard drive, but unfortunately the fire wire port is one of the ports affected by my faulty, senile logic board.

I have had so many problems with this Black MacBook, I think I am qualified as a Mac tech support expert.

No comments: