Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Son Of a Motherboard!!!

GARH!!!! Some of you may remember the traumatizing experience I had with Apple, my MacBook, Apple, Apple Genius Bar, Apple Customer Care, The Manager at Satan's Apple Store, Bill Gates, His dog, Cindy in accounting, and the whole Macintosh company (except Curtis). While I like their products I want to kill them all with bio-http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifweapons....

I get home from the dentist and my hair appointment and what do I find my rebellious MacBook doing? No, Mac wasn't smoking pot or shooting up heroin. No he (and anything with this many problems he expects me to fix must be male) was not turning on unless I have it plugged in. There is a black X over the battery. Not a red one which suggests the battery ran to nothing. NO! A BLACK one which suggests a brutal death of a component and a costly repair. I re-seated the battery. During that process I broke two nails and bent the cheap plastic on the battery lock. I have had the software downloaded for a year. My last resort? A painful, time wasting, money costing, wrinkle inducing visit to the "Genius Bar" at the Apple Store in Purgatory. There is a box where you make your reservation asking you if you would like to tell the over-empowered college students about your problem. I restrained from writing "All work and no play makes Mac a Dull boy" 1000 times.

My appointment is for tomorrow. I will cry. I may kill my mac in frustration. In lieu of flowers, please make all donations to the World Wildlife Fund

2 comments:

Kris said...

?? Call family cs major??

Kris said...

So how did the appt. go? What's the verdict?