Monday, February 14, 2005

Hookahs and Belly Dancers

Friday nights I went to a hookah lounge very similar to This one. The lounge it a new addition to my favorite Egyptian restaurant in Honolulu. The cost was $10 per person for the first bit and $5 per person for each refil. The experience was like nothing else because you can actually taste the flavors of the tobaccos you are smoking. Thsi is because most of the nasty crap is filtered out through the 3 foot long tube and the 9 inches of water. It is like breathing cold, nicotinated flavored air. Even with all these people smoking, there was no haze in the room and you didn't smell like smoke when you got home. To top it off there was a FABULOUS belly dancer there and yummy vittles like falafel, a tray of dips and pita, and rose/champagne sorbet. Further more, the owner's nephew is one of my friends so add that to the 10% discount UH students get and I was set. It still was expensive as crap because my friend and I smoked five hookahs (but one was free) and were there for four hours.

It seems like a place sister-dear would enjoy if she would just fly out.

No comments: