Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Homecoming

This weekend was very odd. On Thursday my friends started coming home from Iraq. If you will recall, the left last January and have been gone for 13 months. These are the pictures before they left, I'll post up new pictures of them back once I get them. I am so glad they came home and wanted to spend every minute this weekend with them. I did for the most part except when I had to work and when I was studying for my huge endocrine exam that I had today. I barely got any sleep and just sat up with them most the night because none of them really slept. I went along with everything they wanted to do from strip clubs to beach time, and tried my hardest to find them chicks. It was weird because A. They were home and B. They would tell me things about when they were gone and what they did that tore me apart. They were so terrible. I didn't not wish for a moment I could erase everything and make like it never happened to them. It was really weird looking at them enjoying everything I take for granted living here like they had never encountered it before. It made me wonder if I should really transfer in the fall or not. I think one of the reasons I was so depressed in the first place about living here is all my friends were leaving and being deployed. That and I hate where I live apartment wise. Since people are starting to come back, I don't if I even really want to go. I don't know if I want to make up my mind now. I mean, the university and my living situation suck huge giant donkey dong, but the life I have right now with my job and my friends and the culture is actually not that bad. I don't know. I just don't know.

No comments: