Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Salsa! Merengue!

Hola, amigos. Happy Cinco de Mayo! Today, after classes are done at *20:30*, I will be going down to the apartment. Two of my girlfriends just moved in. Last night Nicole and I made spaghetti and meatballs in meat sauce. It was yum. Celebrations for tonight should include some tequila, Mexican food, dancing, and Mexican music. Oh yes, and we will be partying with my roommate, a bonafide Mexican. We all have one more reason to celebrate in the 808, today is the last day of classes. Finals are next week, and I should be on the mainland in less than two weeks. I will be with Palila for a good first bit, so I may or may not see some of you soon!!

Have a happy Cinco de Mayo, but please don't let Jose drive. Find some poor sap who will be willing to be a DD, call a cab, or walk.

Here is some Cinco de Mayo history to put you in the merengue mood.

No comments: