Thursday, May 06, 2004

Feliz Seis de Mayo

I hope everybody had a fun time last night for Cinco de Mayo. I had quite an eventful day filled with comida mucha (much food) y cerveza mucha (much beer). To start it all off, I talked to my sister on the phone an discussed plans. She was going to Krogers for food stuffs; I was going to the mall for a new watch. I stole a Japanese nwespaper and cursed at many number 4 buses (I needed the 6) while sister was on the phone. Roomie made REAL enchiladas. The were SO yum. Since I didn't get out of class until 20:00 last night, I decided my comida contribution would be Velveeta and Rotel dip. When I went to the grocery I found zero (0) cans of Rotel tomatoes. I just used diced tomatoes and chilies, figuring it was the same thing. It was.

After we fed all of us (8 people) we started with the Mexican drink. Nicole and I thoroughly enjoyed our Coronas in the pool. There is nothing more relaxing than sitting in an inner tube drinking a beer. Following the beer in the pool were the shots. I gave my first body shot to one of the hostesses of the evening. This was followed by much more of the intoxicating beverage for every one, but not from between my busom. In true Cinco de Mayo form, Roomie (the only Mexican on the island) ended up with her head in the toilet, bathtub, and trash can.

Good times on Mexican holidays.

No comments: