Tuesday, May 11, 2004

The Nicest People In Hawaii

Nicole and I have had a hard time finding a storage facility that can provide us with afoordable, available space. We were looking for something about a 4x8 or a 5x10. Most places gave us quotes from $95-$137 a month. Most places were very rude to us, empty, far away, or a combination of the three. I got hung up on twice and redirected to a wrong number by three different facilities. Nicole got two of the iciest, coldest, meanest people there ever were. We both talked to a number of storage facilities with no vacancies. The last people I called were A-American Storage. They were the nicest people I have met on Hawaii thus far. I called twice, once to ask and another to reserve my spot. Each time they remembered my name. When we went today they took us up to choose our space. They remembered my name, that I was a student, and had me talk to the same guy I talked to on the phone. They even gave us free boxes and a 25% discount, leaving us to pay only $75 a month until September 1st. I felt like I had to smile leaving that place. They have the best customer service I have ever encountered and are probably the friendliest people in Hawaii. If only my bank was the same way...

Wish me luck on my calculus final tomorrow.

No comments: