Wednesday, August 25, 2004

News From The Island

Well, another school year has begun. My first week here was spent sorting out that little issue of where I'm going to live. Apparently the school decided they could house 4000 extra students with two closed dorms. They even opened one up that had been closed due to an electrical problem. They weren't sure if the problem was fixed and decided to find out when the students plugged in their computers.

I did find a place. It is close to campus, 1 bedroom, hardwood floors, no AC, coin laundry in back, and a lanai (balcony) for $800 a month. I will be sharing this with Nicole. Remember Nicole? She lived down the hall from me last year. I would like to have the lease signed by today because my bed is being delivered tomorrow. Unfortunately, the secretary moves at Hawaiian pace so I have been waiting for the contract to be drawn up since Friday. I also need to get my water and electricity turned on by Friday; That will be my first night there.

Classes this Fall are Nutrition, Arabic, Chem 2, and the surgery class we all know and love. I have gone to all my classes so far, but I haven't met my Arabic teacher yet because she has not shown up for class thus far.

The weather is hot (as usual) but this hurricane/tropical storm is pushing in wind. Most important is the slew of beautiful freshman boys the university accepted. They are everywhere, but unfortunately for yours truly the beautiful slutty island girls are too. I should consider them taken already. Alas, I am destined to have books as my companions, but the eye candy doesn't hurt.

No comments: