Monday, November 10, 2003

Papaya Stem Makes a Good Pipe

Saturday I went to help build this structure for the people in the people volcano to stand on. The people volcano is made of several models, climbing on this thing, who are then covered in a sheet soaked in quick drying plaster. I am one of the models for this. I was chosen, well, because I have a big ass. Anyways, I went to the garden where we were putting this thing together. One of the other models and I went and got starfruit and coconut from the garden for breakfast and lunch. There were about eight people there working and we had "such positive energy" according to Brotha Joe. There was a lesbian couple there (one did not shave armpits), a really tall skinny guy named Dark who brought his daughter, Brotha Joe who is the man with the vision, the model who went with me to get fruit, and a professor in the art department. At around 1 PM, some one went and got beer, and somebody else went into the garden and picked a papaya stem off of the tree. Apparently, putting a small rock in the papaya stem acts as a little screen while letting smoke go around it. If you smoke it at night, you can see the glow of any hot ashes that may have escaped. This is also apparently common knowledge among real islanders. It reminded me of the McGiver (sp?) smoker in Half Baked. "I need an avocado, a snorkel......."

Lesson of the day:
Papaya stem makes a good weed pipe.

*Note: I did not participate in any chemical activities. Not my bag, not even beer with surgery later and around people I don't know.*

No comments: