Thursday, November 13, 2003

It Would Shame My Name

I went to the Reel Big Fish concert last night. Ska must be the hardest music that reaches over here because everyone decided to mosh to it. It wasn't like a circle mosh pit or anything. No, it was a few moshers dispersed in the entire crowd o you had to mosh whether you wanted to or not. It isn't even moshing music. They were all stoked about it afterwards. "OMG I moshed so hard to that song." or "That was a good mosh." were the common consensus among the exiting crowd. I want them to go to a PMK5 or a Manson concert and REALLY see what is moshing music. You can't listen to ska and mosh at the same time. I'm being redundant because I want to get my point across. Now, I was close to the front because, while I don't even like Reel Big Fish, I was going to have a good time. I was getting pushed around, too. I'm a big girl, I can hold my own, until I found they also didn't know the cardinal rule: if some one falls down, you pick them up. I fell. I then found myself with a 300+ lb. guy on top of my. One thought ran through my head: "I am NOT dying in a FUCKING mosh pit at a Reel Big Fish concert". I would have been SO embarrassed. I am kind of embarrassed I even went.

No comments: