Saturday, June 12, 2004

Domestic Terrorism

So I was at a club on Thursday getting my swerve on. I was talking with two of my friends when all of a sudden my throat started tingling. I started coughing and couldn't stop. I decided I would breathe through my nose, but that just made me sneeze. The girl I was with walked with me around to the other side when we heard the DJ go "Somebody thought it would be cool to spray some mace in here. If you know who it is, let me know."
Of all the uncool things I have been witness to at clubs, this was probably in my top three uncool things. It isn't fun (or attractive) to walk around a club hacking. Honestly, what pleasure do you get out of making people cough?

On an unrelated note, has anybody noticed how domestic terrorism has become almost comical? I know NPR had a sketch on A Prairie Home Companion, I'm sure SNL probably has had one too.

No comments: