Friday, March 19, 2004

VH1 Sucks

I was watching VH1's countdown of the top 100 hard rock bands. It is apparent VH1 doesn't recognize the art that is hard rock. For example, Tool was ranked in the mid 80s. In the 70s we had Marilyn Manson, but right below Manson was, duh dun duh, Lenny Kravitz. Manson is the epitome of hard rock in our generation and Lenny "Fly Away" Kravitz is compared with him, ranking 10 spots higher than Tool. I was pissed.

After they flashed up Rob Zombie, all the people talked about was White Zombie. I know, I know, Rob Zombie and White Zombie, same thing... WRONG!! The music sounds different. It's like saying Ozzy is the same thing as Black Sabbath (which VH1 did not). They did the same thing for Henry Rollins and Black Flag.

Jane's Addiction was ranked higher than Korn. Rammstein wasn't on the list. Led Zepplin was number one. Ok, I can respect Led Zepplin at #1, but I would have put Nirvana in that spot. I also disagreed with Anthrax's ranking and Slayer's appearance on the list at all.

The Ramones, Sex Pistols, and The Doors were on the list in the top 15. Sorry guys. The Doors, even though they rock, are NOT hard rock and should not have been on the list. The Ramones and The Sex Pistols are the fathers of PUNK rock not HARD rock. Obviously VH1 doesn't know the difference.

It isn't just VH1. MTV would have fucked it up, too. I think hard rock doesn't get enough credit, and therefore nobody understands it. Until it does, fuck VH1 for their blasphemous representation of a wonderful genre of music.

No comments: