Wednesday, March 10, 2004

I Fought the Law

Well, it wasn't me really. I was getting ready for bed when I got a call saying my boys were too drunk to get back on base, could they stay with us? I told them that they could, but we were going to have a long talk in the morning.

15 minutes later I got another call saying my boys were going back to base. The person who called, however, got off the phone before I could get details because the cops showed up.

10 minutes later I called them to make sure they were ok. 2 of them had been arrested for public drunkenness, open canister in public, and underage possession. 1 (the DD) had been arrested for association with some sketchy character the guys had met down at Waikiki. The 2 who didn't get arrested were coming up to UH to wait.

The cops let the three guys go. I drove to pick them up because the DD had been talking to the cops.

When I got there, two of the three delinquents didn't seem to realize they had been touched by an angel that night. They also didn't realize I was in my pajamas and glasses at 1:00 am picking their stupid asses up.

I was angry at the time, but now I am more disappointed in them than anything. They are smart guys and I expect better behavior from them. When they come over this weekend, you better believe we are having that long talk. I'm Mama George to them when they are out in Hawaii, so Mama is going to have to lay the smack down.

No comments: