Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Hurricane Preparedness

Yesterday I went to the comissary and bought water, canned veggies and soup, and some other provisions. Today to get ready for the hurricane I am getting batteries, ice, and a flashlight. While I have been in Hawaii, I have experienced a flood, an earthquake, and some tornadoes. The two natural disasters I did not want to be in were tsunami and hurricane. One down...



...But if Hurricane Day is anything like Earthquake Day, it will be a gooooood time.

Current weather- Not a cloud in he sky from my window. Breezy.

2 comments:

rhiannon said...

I've enjoyed the hurricanes in North Carolina! Granted, it never makes me happy when people die or lose their property. But everything shuts down, things get kinda crazy, and then the sky gets really eerie. Then sometimes it'll get scary for a little while in the middle. And you get to camp for a couple of days in your own house. We once turned a metal collander upside down over a sterno can to heat up Spaghetti Os. Then comes the clean up, which sucks if you have a house, but shouldn't matter if you live in an apartment!

rhiannon said...

Tornadoes, however, scare the bejeebus out of me, and I don't care to ever actually experience one. Tornado watches put me on edge, and tornado warnings in the middle of the night leave me huddled in the corner in tears.

I'm not a fan. Actually, I'd probably like hurricanes even more than I already do, if it wasn't for the chance of tornadoes.