Monday, October 16, 2006

Baby, you rock my world!

So as many of you heard, we had an earthquake yesterday morning. It started as a little rumble and then grew till it knocked stuff off my desk. The power died and, as it was raining all day, we were extremely bored. I comprised a list of things to do when the earth just won't stand still and Civil Defense says "stay inside!":
1. Get in the doorway. In all seriousness, emergency procedures should be top on your list.
2. Get an emergency kit together when you reaize how unprepared you are. Our biggest fear was the water and when the siren goes off, you better know EXACTLY what route you are taking and where you are going.
3. Unpack some of the emergency kit when the threat is over.
4. Find an edible combination of cold canned food.
5. Play scrabble.
6. Put on silly costumes and dance around.
7. Wait half an hour to get INTO the grocery store to buy water.
8. Clean.
9. Read a book.
10. Try to get your phone to work.
11. Start drinking.
12. Take a shower with two bottles of water.
13. Corn-row your hair.
14. Drink some more.
15. SOLITAIRE!!!
16. Cheer LOUDLY when the power comes back on.

2 comments:

chilort said...

I'm glad I like camping so much. We've got little cans of propane and a propane stove, a propane lamp, and a water filtration pump. If I can live totally outside for over a week by myself, I bet we can do good for even longer in our house with that supply of stuff on hand.

Anonymous said...

Especially the beer and ice.