Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Diaries of a Honolulu Call Girl

At first it was a healthy (as healthy as you can get) infatuation with a pimp. Then it was hanging out with the pimp. I believe it has now progressed (or digressed depending on your point of view) into working for the pimp. My roommate is a call girl. She thinks I don't know and keeps trying to hide it from me and New Roommate, but we are smarter than that. I think it started Sunday, with the odd phone call I got from her:

She: Are you ok? I couldn't get a hold of you guys.
Me: We are at dinner, you know that.
She: I'm sorry I haven't been able to get all my money to you on time. I just want you to know that it won't happen any more.
Me: Is everything ok? Are you on drugs?
She: I'm fine, I'm not on drugs. Enjoy dinner.

That's the abbreviated version.

Her hair is much more blond. With bangs. Which I know she hates.

More reasons I think my roommate is a hooker:
1. She "gets ready for work" at the burger place where she works (or worked) in black pants and a slutty tank top I used to own. The uniform at the restaurant is khaki shorts, an aloha shirt, and tennis shoes.
2. New Roommate asked when she was going to pay back the money she owes NR. She said "hold on, let me call my job".
3. Mentioned having to work with a known hooker AT (not during) the pimps birthday party.
4. Not coming home till 6 in the morning. The restaurant closes at 11.
5. I caught the tail end of a conversation. "...I told him I was in college. He said, 'how can you be in college if you're only 15?'. I'm just seeing another side of humanity."
6. Saying how she can only eat one meal a day now.

The worst thing about it is I can't move out of my apartment now because I can't afford to pay double rent for that long (my lease isn't up till July 31). PLUS NR's current roommate is hanging down at the pimp's as well. I don't think it was my fault with poor choice of friends because she was a good student last year who went to school and didn't bring that many guys over. She's just spiraled out of control. I tried to help her, but now I think the best thing I can do is wash my hands of all this. (It's great reading the diary of a call girl, but living with one is a different story.)

Does anybody have any advice? They don't teach you about dealing with things like this in college.

At least she isn't a streetwalker.

No comments: