Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Uku Surprise

Well, here is the uku story because there is no time like the present.

A couple of weeks ago my friend RK called me.
"Does your head itch?"
"No, why?
"Because me and Nicole have ukus."
"What the hell is that?"
"Head lice."

I stripped the beds and headed down to RK's. She checked my hair and I started doing laundry.

Now in the South and in Hawaii where it is humid and people live close together, ukus are like shit, it happens. Where Nicole is from, it isn't common and she was pitching a fit ad crying and saying she got them because she was dirty. I tried calming her down by saying at least it wasn't herpes. That didn't help. She called her mom and her mom said "DON'T BRING THEM HOME WITH YOU!!!"

We finally calmed he down and it took 2 hours to get all the nits out of her hair. RK didn't want to sit for two hours, so she handed me a pair of scissors and told me to start cutting. I cut about a foot off. It looked good. For a first attempt.

I never got ukus.

*FUN FACT* UKU in Hawaiian means flea or louse (usually in reference to head lice). UKULELE (like the instument) means jumping flea.

No comments: