Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Fun PETA Story

I know some of you are familiar with how much I love (loathe)People Emulating Toad's Arses, I would like to share my recent encounter. The encounter today, with a lone guy on campus with a poster and a megaphone. This crazy fucker was sitting there saying how the labs on campuses do vivisection and how all the animal research on campus is morally and ethically wrong. Just terrible. No anethesia. At all. Live, conscious dissection.
I don't know about his friends, but this guy with the megaphone has NEVER been in either research lab on campus where there are animals (there are two). The people in the animal science department have been in both. Now unless we've suddenly bypassed all the regulations we HAVE to go through to get approval to do research on campus, which includes organizations that monitor the care and treatments of animals, this "research is not happening. Personally I think some of the activists on campus just got bored and decided to protest about something and decided to "stop animal research on this campus". And get rid of the animal science program and lots of money into the university. I mean, where do they think we get veterinarians from?

No comments: